Friday, February 15, 2013


Day 1...and a half? Well, more like 1 and 10 minutes... Damn it, let's just call this:
Day 1b

Okay. So. How I got this Bio-Comp. I've been a gun-for-hire for a while now, since the gang got wiped out. Hasn't been too bad, and most of the time I get to feel like I'm helping my species rebuild. Not really sure if that's a good thing or not, heh, judging by the gang that raised me. But the people I've met since then, really MET, have mostly been good people. And I've worked for them as a scout, a bodyguard, a hunter...even
just a killer, a few times.

So, a few days ago, I was wandering. Didn't have a set goal or nothing, I'd just been out in the wasteland for a while. I just...every so often, need some time to myself, to get away from the stresses of making a living by violently trading bullets with other individuals, mutant monsters, and so forth.

I found a farm, sort of out in the middle of nowhere. I say 'farm', but really, it was a bunch of shriveled corn and a bunch of shriveled potatoes. Not trying to be insulting, it's the same everywhere here in the Peachtree Wasteland. The plants barely grow, and when they do, they're wrinkled and shriveled. They barely feed a child, much less an adult. And this Geiger counter on my brand new, shiny Bio-Comp says they tickety-tick-tick.

But when I walked up, they were in a bad way. There were three houses, grouped together. I saw four men out there, including one already bleeding to death on the ground. And all that just from some damn giant, hairless shrews. So, I lent a hand. I mean really: three grown men, getting their asses kicked by three fucking shrews. How could I not help, regardless of whatever they might pay me...?

I waded into them. Honestly, once I joined in, I saw that even though the farmers had guns...they'd either run out of bullets or they didn't know how to reload quick enough. So me and Disc waded in. Within a few minutes, two of the shrews were dead at my hand, and the last one was dead thanks to the other three men being able to gang up on it. I helped those last three men carry their dying buddy to someone who could help keep him from dying, and then I cleaned off Disc as I waited for was seemed liked an inevitable job offer.