Day 9
Well, technically anyway. Its just an
hour or so past midnight, and I'm getting ready to head out to that
Fallen nest. Fallen don't really have any kind of sleep pattern, for
me to try to catch them napping. No, I'm sneaking there at night in
the hopes that I can take out as many as possible before they can see
me in the dark. Ideally, I can either get to a doorway unspotted and
just chuck in a grenade or two, or they'll be spread out enough in
the dark to take one at a time.
Bad part is...there's several houses
out there. A few still have at least a partial second story intact,
and chances are pretty good that every damned one has a basement. All
I know is that the nest is in there, somewhere. So, not only do I
have to kill the Fallen, I have to find them. I also have to be
careful that none of them stumble across me unawares while I'm
scouting. And I have to be thorough, make sure I get all of them.
Otherwise, I tell folks that job's done, area's safe and clear, and
someone gets killed by a straggler.
Which is less than ideal.
Traded Max one of my guns, plus ammo
for it. Got a few grenades, and he talked their blacksmith into
cutting off a length of the shotgun's barrels. I'm leaving the rest
of my stuff inside the house they're letting me use. Max assured me
that he and the Guard will keep my stuff safe. I also rigged a couple
surprises of my own, nothing personal against the guy. Nothing
lethal, just a snare and a little something that'd be a little more
humiliating than anything else.
So, I am heading out to try to find
and then cleanse a whole nest of Fallen, full number undetermined,
exact location unknown. I have my trusty rifle for long-distance
work, grenades if I can catch them in a group, shotgun for close-up,
and pistol as backup. And of course, if all else fails, I have Disc.
If things get that bad, though, I might have to just cut and run, try
again tomorrow night.