Friday, May 10, 2013


The doorway lead through a small closet and into another corridor. It was beginning to seem more and more like some sort of shelter designed to protect and hide all of the inhabitants from the houses above. There's no telling whether these Fallen are part of those inhabitants, or wandered in from elsewhere. I still couldn't hear anything, so I randomly decided to go to the right. This was the good direction. Found a storeroom and a kitchen. Ammo, a few more grenades. Some food, and some cookware I'll probably just give to the townsfolk. Best part is, though, I found two Autodocs. Great little robotic devices. They read a BioComp, and they act to help drastically speed wound recovery. They'll administer anesthetics, antiseptics, even do minor surgery to help set a broken bone or remove a bullet. They're only meant for one quick use, but hey: I got two.

Kept exploring for a while. Good part is, only found three more Fallen. Bad part is, they'd apparently dragged some travelers down there. An adult, the body too mangled and chewed to tell even the gender...and a kid. Both fairly recent, the blood not fully dried around their remains. I only saw two of the Fallen at first, eating. I'll admit that I was in a bit of shock at the sight. Managed to fire the shotgun and kill one, but then the third one hit me from the side, messed up my aim so that I only wounded the second eater. And then that third one was on me, and it was all I could see as I was knocked to the floor. We scuffled, and I have a couple nasty scratches across my ribs to show for it, but I finally managed to kick him off of me enough to reach Disc and bury in his chest. As he fell, I looked around for the last one, and saw him slowly crawling toward me with one leg barely still attached. I could also see the kid's remains at the same time. So I took the time to stand, I pulled my rifle around, and I took the time and enjoyment to bash it's skull into the floor with the stock.

I explored a little more after that. No more Fallen, but I did find another exit, partly blocked with a cave-in. I went back to the kitchen after that, and I got some oil and some matches. I burned the bodies of those two poor victims. Figured it was the least I could do, not leaving them out in a place like that. I also made sure that I closed the place up pretty good behind me, so the only other potential predators that'll be able to get in there will have to be the intelligent kind. At the very least, it won't be something quite so likely to do that to a small child, something helpless.